Where Kids Learn to Audiate!
Audiate! is the first guitar method based on Music Learning Theory. It guides beginners through progressive levels of technical and musical content and also provides audio and jam tracks featuring real musicians playing popular genres such as pop, blues, jazz, classical, and rock. Perfect for the music classroom or the private lesson studio!
This innovative series:
- Supports students in becoming independent musical thinkers who fluently play, read, and improvise
- Provides a detailed step-by-step guide that supports you along the way
- Includes many activities that help develop solid timing and rhythmic awareness
- Includes a detailed sequence to teach musical skills based on Dr. Edwin Gordon’s Music Learning Theory
- Is based on a combined 40+ years of guitar teaching experience and was developed & tested with many students over a span of almost 10 years
Read what students think
Watch students play
Frequently Asked Questions
Audiation is the foundation of musicianship. Why does it seem so easy for some musicians to improvise while others find it so difficult? How can some musicians play a song “by ear” without being able to read music or having any knowledge of music theory? Because they can audiate.
When we foster the development of Audiation in our students we are helping them become independent musicians. They will also learn to improvise and read music with a much higher level of understanding.
Audiation is to music what thought is to language. Audiation takes place when we hear and comprehend in our minds the sound of music which may or may not be physically present. We audiate when we make predictions about the music we hear, when we improvise, create music, read music, etc.
Music Learning Theory (MLT) is an explanation of how we learn when we learn music. It is a theory based on an extensive body of research and practical field testing by Dr. Edwin Gordon and others. Audiate! Play Guitar through Audiation is the first guitar method that has been developed using the principles of MLT.
Contact & Support
In case you need help or have a question please contact us now!